[NORTH VANCOUVER, BC] – In 6 months, Caroline Baile of Royal LePage Corporate will be taking on the world’s highest active volcanoes in the 2023 Ecuador Challenge for Shelter to raise $25,000 for North Shore Crisis Services Society.

“Our achievements to date must factor in the tremendous support we continually receive from the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation,” said Sandra Lee, NSCSS’ Manager of Communications and Development. “In the past 25 years, Royal Lepage has raised nearly $185,000 for NSCSS’s safe housing and support services. Their generosity allows us to help more women and children successfully leave abuse and create proud legacies for themselves. We have no doubt that Caroline Baile, who is an incredible business woman and a force of nature, will achieve her goal and return with stories that will amaze us all.”

From Caroline’s Fundraising Page:

“In November 2023, I will be heading to Ecuador with a group of fellow Royal LePagers to trek towards one of the highest active volcanoes in the world. During this gruelling, high altitude trek, I will be hiking long days across varied terrain in unpredictable mountain weather with temperatures ranging from a highs of 25 C during the day to below freezing in the evenings. We will be sleeping in tents, going without electricity, electronics, cell service and other comforts of home. It will be challenging, but nothing compared to what the women and children forced to flee their homes to escape domestic violence face.

In addition to physically and mentally preparing for this trek, I pledge to raise a minimum of $25,000 in donations. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. Bittersweet in that we are proud to have raised over $41 Million dollars to help over 50,000 women and children yearly, but heartbroken that there is still a need (now more than ever) for Shelters. I will be covering all my own expenses including flights, hotel, meals, equipment… with 100% of every dollar raised going directly to the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. 80% of the money raised goes to Sage Transition House, right here in our own community. The remaining 20% goes to funding national programs helping educate youth on healthy relationships. Each dollar we raise and every step we take will make it easier for women and children in our communities to walk away safely from violence.

The need is real…

Every 3 Days. In Canada, women are 6x more likely to be murdered by their partner after she decides to leave. As of 2020, a woman is killed by her intimate partner every 2.5 Days!!!

Every 11 Minutes. Globally, approximately 81,000 women and girls were killed in 2020. About 47,000 (58%) of them were murdered by their intimate partner or family member. This means that a woman or girl is killed every 11 minutes!!!

In British Columbia. Over 1 Million woman experienced physical and sexual abuse as a teenager. Over 1,000 physical and sexual assaults against women happen each week. Every year, more than 60,000 assaults are committed, almost all of which were committed by men.

Together we can make a difference. Each dollar raised and every step taken will make it easier for women and children in our communities to walk away safely from violence… They deserve our help and our encouragement that a brighter future is possible. I also recognize that educating our youth about building healthy relationships is the key to breaking the cycle of family violence in Canada.

Help support women and children fleeing domestic violence. Click here to help me reach my fundraising goals.”

About North Shore Crisis Services Society:

NSCSS offers emergency shelter, longer-term housing, and wrap-around support services to women and children surviving violence on the North Shore – since 1979. NSCSS operates SAGE Transition House, a short-term, 18-bed women’s shelter that houses women, children, and their pets. For longer-term safe housing, we provide accommodations through 3 second-stage housing programs and 6 family units for mother-led families escaping violence.

Media Contact: Sandra Lee

604-307-1329, slee@nscss.net

Source: North Shore Crisis Services Society